• <menu id="cycki"><tt id="cycki"></tt></menu>
    Thread has been deleted
    Last comment
    america cs explained
    Estonia?whosmans?
    the reason american cs is so dead is because out of the 340 million people the average person cant be arsed to play video games, primarily because a large concentration of people are busy pursuing an education I will say that because the average american high school gpa is so inflated (as in lots of people manage 4.0 gpas because they can cozen their teachers into liking them or exploit some weighting of assignments) , students are required to bolster more stats like ap scores, act, sat, and generally students look for extra circular activities and other feats like science fair to add to their academic resumes, so because many europeans in like poland (no offense to poland) dont have much rigor in their academics (3 matura exams and high school diploma), Americans have found a necessity in staking their lives on education, spending most of their time either studying or sitting in a class. A top 20 university in NA requires 3.8-4.0 gpa, 30-36 act, 1500+ on the sat, and lots of extra circular involvement, but even top 100 schools in na like shitty schools vanderbilt, norte dame, and dartmouth expect similar results from their incoming students. There are also lots of lesser tier schools like Reed College that still require insane stats. If you cannot keep up with the absurd flow of students you won't get into university, so most people cannot play csgo for 10k+ hours like people in sweden or denmark or poland do European universities generally are not as competitive so people have more time to play csgo. Something to note is that scenes that were generally considered dead, like within the Netherlands and the United Kingdom, do have competitive schools like Delft University, University of Amsterdam, Oxford, Cambridge, and LSE, that even in American standards require a lot from students (a little less imo) so in conclusion (TLDR) - countries like the USA, netherlands, and UK are shit at csgo because they are too busy pursuing education. Their education is harder because there are more competitive people and better education systems offered than countries like Poland, Sweden, and Denmark
    2020-11-25 02:07
    Topics are hidden when running Sport mode.
    I severely doubt that the same people who look to get into professional CSGO in the USA are the ones looking to get into top 20 universities but your analysis probably works in other contexts, usa education system is very weird
    2020-11-25 02:11
    22 replies
    both csgo and education take a lot of time invested, so people that might want to invest their time into improving in csgo instead feel obligated to put that time into education imo you cant really have both, you have to make a choice between one or the other. Most impassioned people that decide to invest their time into something decide to put it into education though
    2020-11-25 02:13
    6 replies
    makes sense, ty
    2020-11-25 15:04
    you can have both, just look at ropz
    2020-11-26 00:22
    4 replies
    ropz is an exception to the rule + he only finished school, not uni + he improved since stopping studying
    2020-11-26 01:10
    I dont think there is any information on ropz graduating with the same accolades a top tier asian or US student might, and he didn't go to university for as far as I know
    2020-11-26 01:33
    2 replies
    He's only 20 he couldn't have graduated yet even if he attended
    2020-11-26 02:07
    1 reply
    my point tho is that he only finished high school to a proficiency that wasn't meant for university, so the intensity of his curriculum probably wasn't demanding
    2020-11-26 02:08
    if you fail pro esports career, hf with debt lmao in america there is no safety net. look at hiko, he went all in with esports and had 20k in debt from college. if he failed his esports career, he wouldve filed for bankruptcy or never be able to pay his loans back. that prospect is too daunting for most people
    2020-11-25 05:34
    2 replies
    holy shit yeah that's not fun at all
    2020-11-25 15:04
    1 reply
    NA is 3rd world
    2020-11-26 02:08
    The US education is alot easier than the UK... wtf am I seeing. I remember reading up about how an A in america is the equivalent of getting a C in the UK however the gap has closed more recently
    2020-11-25 06:51
    11 replies
    That's not even remotely close to being true. Idk what autism you've been reading.
    2020-11-25 07:14
    2 replies
    Dude you legit have multiple choice exams lmao
    2020-11-25 08:07
    1 reply
    And ones that aren't, you very obviously don't know much about the American Education system, which btw isn't amazing by any means. But you made it very clear you really don't know anything about it.
    2020-11-25 21:40
    American universities are the best in the world Public school just varies like crazy by location (not the uk version of public school, i mean the kind everyone goes to here)
    2020-11-26 00:25
    they do a wider selection of content than us but not to as high a level, so first year of uni will spend some time covering A level content and if they took our papers they would get low grades on them, this doesn't mean that they have an easier or harder time since like everywhere you are competing with everyone else for uni places
    2020-11-26 01:13
    5 replies
    it depends on what you do, but most UK universities treat AP classes as A levels, and since UK only requires 3-4 of those, I would adamantly argue that the US education system is harder, because even low tier students take a few ap classes for fun. The high end American will end up with more than 10 ap classes, which is equivalent to taking 10 A levels I checked my UCAS points through the website's conversion rates, I have more than an average oxford student and im not even applying xd ucas points are pretty irrelevant ik but that should at least provide a basis for my comparison
    2020-11-26 01:34
    4 replies
    Noone treats AP classes as a levels, idk why you think that 1 year courses and 2 year courses ever would be
    2020-11-26 13:31
    3 replies
    look at entry requirements for american students for different uk universities. Most will supplement A levels for AP Classes, I know because I applied to some only with my ap scores, was accepted into edinburgh with only ap scores qips.ucas.com/qip/usa-advanced-placement..
    2020-11-29 20:00
    2 replies
    "The high end American will end up with more than 10 ap classes, which is equivalent to taking 10 A levels" idk how you got this from that page. noone gets accepted based on just ucas points, but it clearly says that a 3 in ap is worth 20 ucas points whereas an a level B is worth 40 points. Why would it say that if they were equivalent?
    2020-11-29 21:10
    1 reply
    3 in ap classes isn't accepted by most universities i guess iwas wrong though, but its pretty close lol, so trhe average american will probably have 5+ a levels kind of weird though that i got accepted into A*AA level courses with only 3 ap classes at 5 then lmao
    2020-11-29 21:16
    it depends on what you do, but most UK universities treat AP classes as A levels, and since UK only requires 3-4 of those, I would adamantly argue that the US education system is harder, because even low tier students take a few ap classes for fun. The high end American will end up with more than 10 ap classes, which is equivalent to taking 10 A levels I checked my UCAS points through the website's conversion rates, I have more than an average oxford student and im not even applying xd ucas points are pretty irrelevant ik but that should at least provide a basis for my comparison
    2020-11-26 01:34
    How did you come to this conclusion my estonian friend
    2020-11-25 02:12
    1 reply
    estonians = 3000iq
    2020-11-25 04:28
    No, USA mentality is if you're not number one you're losing which is true but they are not willing to grind to be the best, and their egotistical mindset ruins them, everyone wants to be a star player. I've watched their scene since 1.6, it's always been the same they make a new super team find some success, then the results go to shit they start bitching about their team mates they start to kick lower fraggers then bringing "bigger fraggers " which makes them worse then the kick the next low fragger then bring in a better fragger that fails then they disband I've seen this literally 10 plus times in the NA scene, they rather buy wins than work for them.
    2020-11-25 02:13
    1 reply
    But compared to the amount of people that actually try to go pro in cs a very small amount try to go the full distance, because in the end most people want to go to high tier universities instead of playing csgo all day based on the way their high school education is structured (to incentivize further education)
    2020-11-25 02:15
    OK?|?
    United States?Bioax
    asian americans, and half of the white americans very rarely a black person
    2020-11-25 02:16
    5 replies
    I would actually argue that African Americans and Hispanic Americans have a lot of reason to pursue higher education and do in fact pursue it using their ethnicity as an advantage, because universities will feel more inclined to accept minority groups to fill racial quotas
    2020-11-25 02:19
    4 replies
    i would say there's the minority that acutally do that for the african americans. i only know one african american kid who's actually book smart. for the hispanic i'd say they're the same as the whites.
    2020-11-25 02:37
    3 replies
    agree, in my school, the hispanics are the smartest of the top5, 3 are mexican including the #1 the other 2 white in the top10 i think like 5 are hispanics sadly no african americans until top20 im top 14 with 3.9 gpa last year my scchool is like 50% white 35% hispanic and the rest african american from what i saw on google
    2020-11-25 04:48
    1 reply
    Anecdotal evidence does not make fact
    2020-11-26 05:43
    Anecdotal evidence isnt truth
    Doesn't make sense since college in USA is a total scam (other than medicine and some law) and whereas UK university is not. Also people wanting to go to Harvard don't play CS at all
    2020-11-25 02:21
    15 replies
    yep, that is why american csgo is so dead. Because most people would rather pursue Harvard than play csgo, so though there are more than 300 million people in the United States, most of them aren't engaged in cs
    2020-11-25 02:25
    2 replies
    You say true things in your original post, but I think the overall reason is that in Western developed countries, education is pushed more and playing too many video games is frowned upon.
    2020-11-25 02:31
    150k in debt < Potentially failing with your CSGO career
    2020-11-26 00:56
    what? lol college in the US is not a scam. It's expensive, but it pays itself out and isn't worthless (inb4 coffee baristas who majored in psych)
    2020-11-25 04:27
    10 replies
    lol yes it is. The 100K + of REAL DEBT (which you get no where else for higher education) assumes that the graduate will earn at least 100K usd per annum or else they waste 10 yrs of their life being slave. Either do medicine or law from a good school (still insane pressure not to fk up or there goes 10 years of being poor) or go to Europe or do an apprenticeship/trade school. Even doing engineering or a good discipline is not worth the debt and the fact that is overpriced alone. In UK the worst case is that you wasted 3/4 years of your life. In US it is that + 10years of being poor
    2020-11-25 04:36
    7 replies
    " 100K + of REAL DEBT" yup idiot spotted. You know nothing about the US education system do go on though, my ignorant friend. You're spouting talking points lol
    2020-11-25 04:38
    6 replies
    where am I wrong? show me
    2020-11-25 04:38
    4 replies
    I can go get a bachelors degree for under 30k. There are thousands of good schools that don't have you pay that much for a degree and tens of thousands of scholarships to help you every year. oh boo hoo it's not free, so? Who gives a shit. If you can't afford a top college and you can't get scholarships to it, you probably shouldn't be going there to voluntarily take on debt that you are going to cry about paying off.
    2020-11-25 04:40
    3 replies
    Right so I wasn't even wrong then. You basically proved my point. The risk/reward of college in the US is stupidly high. I suppose community college is ok, but paying any more than what that costs is stupid.
    2020-11-25 04:42
    2 replies
    no, it's not stupidly high. It's stupidly high if you take on a retarded amount of debt and choose a terrible degree that makes no money. A lot of state schools are cheap and still extremely good schools too. Community college is cheap and good too. Technical degrees are pay out like crazy. You don't know shit about the United States education system, dude. A potential hire with a bachelors in anything is more likely a candidate to be hired than someone without one. Someone with only a two year degree makes on average, 14k more a year than someone without
    2020-11-25 04:54
    1 reply
    0 reason to go there when you can go to Europe instead.
    2020-11-25 05:28
    dont think he knows about financial aid LOL
    2020-11-25 06:02
    the education isn't a scam if you're pursuing an actual degree (gender studies hahahaha) but its highly overpriced and needs some kind of reform my sister (going to berkeley) was paying, in her freshman year, ~30k for housing tuition was 15k the point is, sometimes its 10x more beneficial to go to a trade school, where in some jobs you can be earning upwards of 200k a year with little debt from college
    2020-11-26 01:14
    i'm old. i'm 30 y.o. Just go to the college if you are going to do Medicine or Engeneer - rest is waste of time and money. I fisrt went to college when i was 18 y.o - a federal college (they are the best in Brazil) - i did Philosophy HAHAHAHAHA imagine a 18 y.o trying to understand Hegel, Kant, Nietzsche, its just bizar, i couldnt even understand the language, i remember every class teacher used to talk about "epistemology", for three years i didnt know what they were talking about even searching online... I graduated but it was totally worthless, it's something for a 35+ years old to study, not a kid with no maturity.... then i was 22 y.o, very young, so i started economics in a private university, all the same shit, Keynes, Marx and macroeconomics, no one gives a fuck about that in real world. Companies prefer to hire engeneers to do the financial job... I was lucky that i got a public job in 2017 that pays well, so i probably gonna die in the public service with a decent job... My advice is: Only medicine and Engeneer are worth it, rest is a big scam... If you like social science, philosophy, arts, languages, economics, business administration, biology, geography JUST STUDY ON YOUR OWN.... it's easy to find content online nowdays... if you want to course something worth a shit it is either medicine or engeneer... LAW also sucks, only ppl with contacts succeed, there are too many lawers out there.
    2020-11-29 21:30
    nah college in america is cheap af just go military and have uncle sam pay for it :)
    2020-11-25 07:18
    The facts you present here are true but unless you are a really shitty student you will get into at least an okay college. The problem is college costs way more here than in Europe, so even if you are not an insane student you are still competing for scholarships. Also, there are a decent amount of NA players in MDL/Advanced/FPL who are in college. I think that most of them go to colleges that are pretty easy to get into however, and I doubt they do much outside of school and playing CS. Also, American culture discourages video games and esports are not a mainstream thing at all here.
    2020-11-25 02:22
    8 replies
    American culture doesn't discourage video games lmao. The whole country is about being lazy.
    2020-11-25 02:58
    7 replies
    ?|?
    Europe?AlL1n
    But how to play Cs go while eating you xxxl burger?
    2020-11-25 03:07
    yep there are very few people that are willing to invest 10k hours into anything fully, but among those that are most pursue education instead or something outside of csgo, whereas Denmark does not rly have many education options so people there are more inclined to pursue csgo imo
    2020-11-25 03:09
    No i mean that Europeans countries are more progressive and they're simply ahead in industries like esports
    2020-11-25 06:38
    the whole country isn't about being lazy, on average we work more hours per week than most european countries source: worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankin..
    2020-11-25 07:22
    1 reply
    Maybe because you get shitty paid in your shithole? Gotta buy your junkfood somehow.
    2020-11-26 00:16
    It would be impossible for America to be the number 1 economy in the world if it was as lazy as the people in Spain or France lol. Look past the memes and you will realise that America was built and still is maintained on rigorous workweeks. The only countries that can compare are China/Japan, and look at their economies as well.
    2020-11-26 05:47
    1 reply
    USA is built on slavery, from harvest to traintracks. The inhabitants themselves be stuffing themselves with micky D and taco bell until they pop their hearts.
    2020-11-26 21:23
    Only intelligent people like curry succeed
    2020-11-25 02:30
    14 replies
    yes but he is originally from India tho
    2020-11-25 04:24
    13 replies
    I'm pretty sure he was born in america and his parents/grandparents are from india
    2020-11-25 07:24
    12 replies
    yea , thats exactly what im saying.
    2020-11-25 08:51
    11 replies
    he isn't from india, his parents are he is Indian-American
    2020-11-25 20:10
    10 replies
    #103 , brah u good or u just trollink me ?
    2020-11-26 03:27
    9 replies
    #46 yes but HE is originally from india you said HE not his parents HE
    2020-11-26 03:37
    8 replies
    brah stop trollink me. you are making me mad((((((
    2020-11-26 05:32
    7 replies
    mad because stupid
    2020-11-26 05:34
    6 replies
    yeh stop arguing before you are gonna make me stupid with your thoughts. Why cant u understand ?
    2020-11-26 06:19
    5 replies
    why can't you understand that someone born in america isn't from india
    2020-11-26 06:20
    4 replies
    bruh whats your age ? Take me for example , im born in Indonesia but im originally from India. Just like that his roots(origin) is from India
    2020-11-26 06:22
    3 replies
    your family is from india, and you're from indonesia smh how do you not understand this
    2020-11-26 06:22
    2 replies
    men you are wrong sorry. and i dont wanna argue anymore. Just like that curry roots(origin) is from India
    2020-11-26 06:24
    1 reply
    his roots are from india, he isn't
    2020-11-26 06:26
    ok
    2020-11-25 02:31
    It has nothing to do with that. EU just simply has more players. Go look at the numbers split up by region.
    2020-11-25 02:41
    19 replies
    i'm saying there is a strong correlation between player base and education intensity in different countries might not be true for you though if you're uneducated B)
    2020-11-25 02:43
    18 replies
    University isn't very difficult here.
    2020-11-25 02:43
    17 replies
    im sure its not when you attend a low tier state university, but most people aren't content with just that
    2020-11-25 02:44
    16 replies
    I graduated from one of the best universities in NYS. It wasn't that difficult, maybe my major (Accounting) wasn't as hard as a medical field. But even then, someone going into an ivy league school usually isn't going to even play CS. It isn't any different for anywhere in the world.
    2020-11-25 02:45
    15 replies
    if it wasn't NYU it doesnt rly matter in this context imo
    2020-11-25 02:46
    14 replies
    NYU is kinda trash now. There are better universities
    2020-11-25 02:47
    12 replies
    maybe if you attend steinhardt but otherwise NYU is definitely a top 20 school in the United States and one of the best in new york for sure
    2020-11-25 02:47
    10 replies
    I cannot say which one, but it's better)))
    2020-11-25 02:48
    9 replies
    even if you went to columbia university I think that what is more difficult than the university itself is the road to the university, so during that 4 years of high school you can either choose to grind csgo or grind school, but I don't think you can confidently have both
    2020-11-25 02:50
    8 replies
    And you think it's not the same for top EU universities? It's literally the same, and the only difference is the amount of players. Also the people going pro in CS aren't exactly ivy league students.
    2020-11-25 02:53
    7 replies
    eu universities generally only experience domestic competition (unless its Switzerland maybe) Globally there are more than 25 schools in the top 100 in the United States, but maybe 1 school that might be competitive/difficult to get into in countries like Denmark or Sweden, so most people in Europe probably don't feel as inclined to grind for those schools
    2020-11-25 02:54
    4 replies
    I'm telling you, the people that grind for these schools don't think about going pro in video games. The only example I can think of is elige who was the top of his high school.
    2020-11-25 02:55
    3 replies
    the difference though is that there are few people that even want to put in that much time into something, so if they have to choose between a top tier school or csgo they will likely pick the top tier school I have a friend who goes to columbia and one that goes to UCLA that had the same issue when I talked to them about it
    2020-11-25 02:57
    2 replies
    the main issue is still that most students that are striving to go to a top 20 college here (honestly you can do just as well in your career going to an average college by ranking but is specialized at something, city college of new york for engineering being a great example of this) just don't even know what the fuck esports is. my closest friend who go to stuyvesant high school (4th best high school here in new york, 20th in the country) don't bother with esports at all, she plays rpgs like skyrim and botw because she's too stressed from schoolwork (on average, she spends 35hrs a week on hw because she takes 3 ap classes). and her friends don't even know what the fuck games are besides the very mainstream ones like genshin and league. like what #29 said, elige is literally the only cs and probably esports pro in na that was an exceptional student but that's because he is probably the most talented gamer in na (more so than shroud) and is naturally intelligent overall. nobody just becomes a semi-pro at 2 other esports (sc and ow) and become a top 5 cs player, as well as being valedictorian and being featured in local news at the same time.
    2020-11-25 05:52
    1 reply
    I'll first say that we have pretty huge differences in our educations thinking that Elige is some genius and that 3 ap exams is something insane. Everyone at my school in California took 10 or more ap exams, everyone worked hours a night to get 3.8+ gpas, and some of us were even declined by schools like Berkley despite our efforts (me). Elige isn't very impressive because he was the best in a rural school, I was the same before moving where I had an easy 4.0 gpa without studying, was #1 in my grade but finished hs with a 3.6 gpa, same would have happened to elige if he was challenged to the same extent The point I was trying to make with this thread was that most professional players have to invest 8k hours into the game to be good enough for teams, while school education in the US spans for about 10k hours in total. As a result, a lot of players and aspiring professionals are forced to choose between committing towards school or playing the game. Some players like Ethan and s0m decided to drop out of school to pursue csgo, but a lot of people who play cs just aren't willing to do that because education instills the necessity for university in them. Countries like Denmark and Sweden don't have the same systems in place, a lot of people are content going to normal schools because their environments aren't as intense or competitive In correlation to my point, I wouldn't consider people that play these casual games as outliers to my logic, because games like Skyrim can be played at a player's own pace and usually without enormous hours, so it is entirely plausible for someone to pursue both skyrim and exalted high school standards, but it is not plausible to expect most Americans to balance high school and csgo professionalism
    2020-11-25 06:03
    I think the only thing that differentiates a normal student from an ivy league student is how much time they put into school. You don't need to go to an ivy league to try hard in school, but if you are willing to put a lot of time into something, you are more likely to put it into pursuing a top tier school than csgo imo
    2020-11-25 02:56
    nt look at elige
    2020-11-26 01:20
    +1 nyu is overpriced dogshit lmao, i live in nyc and honestly no one besides asian immigrants find it attractive anymore
    2020-11-25 05:36
    nyu overpriced trash
    2020-11-25 03:58
    I agree with this but also it's more of a personality and cultural thing. pc gaming in the US is frowned upon until more recently where it is slowly getting accepted. Especially parents would rather have you play sports that you hate and never will play again than play video games that you would enjoy
    2020-11-25 02:58
    Who cars being good at a video game when they are the best in everything else in the world
    2020-11-25 03:10
    because they prefer valorant
    2020-11-25 03:15
    1 reply
    thats horrible :S
    2020-11-26 06:05
    " because a large concentration of people are busy pursuing an education " Sorry i stopped right there. The country who revived console gaming in 80s, the country which made Call of Duty so huge of a thing that when a new COD game was releasing in mid 00s it had a huge impact in cimena market. The country who has so many millionaires out of gaming, either youtube/twitch or e-sports. The country with the most twitch personas. The country who is considered one of the 3 biggest markets in the world if not the biggest if we talk with %. The very same country that has some of the biggest video gaming studios in the world. I got so many examples i can talk for days. So lets pretend i said nothing and move on.
    2020-11-25 03:23
    5 replies
    yeah his reasonment is stupid "countries like the USA, netherlands, and UK" hmhm maybe it is because these 3 coutries speak english and speaking makes people bad at cs aka i made a correlation in my mind so i figured everything out
    2020-11-25 03:33
    1 reply
    8/8
    2020-11-25 03:56
    you completely disregarded the primary sentiment of my claim that both tasks take ~10k hours to fulfill, so you are obliged to choose between one or the other. Becoming a streamer doesn't take 10k hours, nor does creating a popular game
    2020-11-25 03:59
    1 reply
    Do you live on another planet or you trolling me right now ?
    2020-11-25 13:43
    Italy has the best universities confirmed
    2020-11-26 01:00
    our education system is shit. I know this because I'm stupid as hell and still get good grades.
    2020-11-25 03:57
    4 replies
    ya because ur grades are inflated af, happens when ur at a rural school that wants to discourage students from dropping out
    2020-11-25 04:02
    +1
    2020-11-25 04:44
    depends on where you go to school. Smaller areas are usually less competitive and easy, but in california theres many high schools that are extremely competitive and it's difficult to get a 4.0
    2020-11-25 04:45
    1 reply
    +100000 happened to me where i was #1 in my grade for my old school in florida, but I moved to California and my gpa went from 4,0 to 3.6 in two years xd
    2020-11-25 06:05
    what you are saying is very niche, im sure its not a strong factor as to why na cs is weak, generally speaking there is no difference in the way people live their lives, all people around the world are generally the same when is comes to education because education is such a widespread thing that everyone has access too the amount of people playing on north american servers from places like canada to central america is half compared to european servers where you have people playing from north africa, like morocco, middle east, like syria and isreal, central asia, like uzbekistan for example double the population is a fact and arguable and strongest reason for why na cs is weak and in my personal opinion counter strike in europe is like a way of life, you have a computer that everyone in your family can use and not a console and gfuel and gaming chair pad because you are some wealthy american overloaded with sensory information and marketing that you get bored things easily and move onto whatever new games come out
    2020-11-25 04:15
    2 replies
    All I can say is that you need to experience it yourself if you're having doubts. There are immeasurable differences in culture between European countries and the United States Obviously Uzbekistan is an outlier when they barely have access to upper education at all, but I think applying this logic to eastern asia makes a lot of sense, as most students in countries like Japan, South Korea, and China are too busy pursuing education to pursue csgo professions
    2020-11-25 06:07
    1 reply
    Or maybe nobody plays CSGO there? South Korea dominates LoL, Overwatch, Starcraft but CSGO is exception?
    2020-11-26 01:04
    Atleast they are good at COD
    2020-11-25 04:25
    Meanwhile, in Argentina, people can't devote 10+ hours daily to csgo because we working, trying to avoid death by starvation.
    2020-11-25 04:25
    how are you baiting this many people? XD
    2020-11-25 04:27
    fam stop baiting the real reason is the fact that the majority of gamers in the us are console freaks and consider even owning a computer to be fucking geek-like
    2020-11-25 04:41
    15 replies
    +1 for some reason so many people here pledge their allegiance to a plastic box that overheats
    2020-11-25 04:46
    i dont think ive met a single person using console in like 10 years since maybe elementary school lmao, no idea what kind of bums you're talking to
    2020-11-25 06:08
    13 replies
    what state you in? here in illinois out of around 25 friends from high school, it was literally only two of us that had pc's and the rest were ps and xbox'ers
    2020-11-25 06:59
    You didn't interact with anybody lmao marketingcharts.com/cross-media-and-trad..
    2020-11-26 01:09
    11 replies
    this 10th world website doesn't change my personal experiences
    2020-11-26 01:15
    10 replies
    Your anectode doesn't change anything lol failed US education
    2020-11-26 01:22
    9 replies
    idk why you're making this about quality of education systems but every balkan that i've met tells me about how they desperately wish to go to american universities balkan universities are free but so shit tier that if you don't major in anything but computer science your future is fucked, even novi sad university is low low low tier compared to even an average us university
    2020-11-26 01:26
    2 replies
    No man we (at least croats) go to UK Germany Austria Bosnia they go to above mentioned or they go to Croatia "balkan universities are free but so shit tier that if you don't major in anything but computer science your future is fucked" That's not true, no matter what you do if you live in Serbia or Bosnia you are fucked, they have terrible crony government Croatia is bit better and is EU member so they can suck EU (Germany*) off for money
    2020-11-26 01:45
    1 reply
    i am actually moving from the us to the uk for university and what I can tell you is that regardless of the quality of universities the uk ones require much less from me than the us ones
    2020-11-26 01:49
    my theory also explains why the balkans has so many aspiring csgo players, because most of them would rather invest their time into a video game than a failed education system
    2020-11-26 01:28
    5 replies
    I think balkans countries have relatively average number of level 10s per capita and there is only like 5 balkan players on top 30 teams There is even less money in CSGO than there is in education, unless you are a streamer/content creator which is actually viable as opposed to being a pro
    2020-11-26 01:57
    4 replies
    if you farm fpl or join an international team I think that is incentivizing enough to pursue
    2020-11-26 01:58
    3 replies
    That's the thing, there is huge gap between 4 established balkan pros and rest of the scene. Closest to the FPL would be Depreshnn who is near the top of FPL-C, but prize pool besides ticket to FPL is worthless
    2020-11-26 02:11
    1 reply
    there have been lots of successful balkan pros though like hunter, niko, emi, nexa etc there is some macedonian in fpl rn too that is playing well, earning money with high placements. Same can be said about players like loba
    2020-11-26 02:13
    I don't know if there is more than 5 balkan players in top 50 teams at all
    2020-11-26 02:12
    What to explain about a dead scene?
    2020-11-25 04:43
    4 replies
    the reason for death
    2020-11-25 06:08
    3 replies
    What's the point of anything after its death? Unless it can be resurrected.
    2020-11-25 06:28
    2 replies
    understanding causes of death will help comprehend and prepare for the future
    2020-11-25 06:29
    1 reply
    There's no future of dead. Just forget.
    2020-11-25 06:49
    ?|?
    Lithuania?Ufasas
    who cares if everyone will get a degree, you don't need so many people with degree, otherwise nobody will grow you pigs meat and cow milk, and need slaves in factories, so no time for cs
    2020-11-25 04:49
    6 replies
    degrees only matter when american education instills its necessity into people's brains. Whether or not its important, it is what people are taught to pursue
    2020-11-25 06:09
    5 replies
    and 90% with degree still go back to warehouse and stores and work that monotonic job
    2020-11-26 14:31
    4 replies
    only if u stay in this baltic prison
    2020-11-29 20:01
    3 replies
    why people not taught how to cook, how to think, how to socialize, how to make connections with others, networking? somebody is taking advantage of it ?
    2020-11-29 20:25
    2 replies
    u will have to teach yourself to gain an advantage over your surroundings
    2020-11-29 20:27
    1 reply
    yeah, seems the best way since day 1
    2020-11-29 20:29
    k
    2020-11-25 04:52
    also another reason is that in US, CS is not that popular compared to other games because a lot of people are generally casuals who don't try to be competitive
    2020-11-25 05:06
    I think its just NA prefer console games more idk
    2020-11-25 05:35
    i play on cornell university's csgo team
    2020-11-25 05:37
    2 replies
    cool if true
    2020-11-25 06:11
    1 reply
    i thought cool too but they are very bad so im gonna leave and keep playing esea league
    2020-11-25 07:37
    While you do have some valid points, it's likely not for this reason. If you take a look at china and korea's LoL scenes you'll notice they're jacked. Both have ridiculous academic pressure and high competition that makes US schools look weak imo. There just isn't something appealing to the majority of NA audience
    2020-11-25 06:05
    9 replies
    I would strongly disagree that Chinese and South Korean education systems are more intense than America's. Though I would agree that the average Chinese and South Korean education system is more demanding than the average American education system, the Americans that actually have ambitions go to faster paced, more comprehensive schools to gain a better education. Moreover, these schools are modeled around ivy league curriculums and designed to be as competitive if not more competitive than asian curriculums
    2020-11-25 06:11
    8 replies
    From what I know, most asian countries have way more intense systems. The level/quality can be debated but the amount of pressure/intensity given is unparalleled. If you fuck up your end of hs test you're fucked. Their entire future lies in the hands of one test. This is not the case in the US.
    2020-11-25 06:15
    7 replies
    You don't need to do well on the gaokao for example if you don't want to go to university, but the same can be said about the SAT/ACT. The only difference is that in asia you would have to invest everything in csgo to rebound from the deficit, whereas in America you could probably not care about school, do well in cs, then go to some vocational school if you feel like cs isn't working well. The testing results might be more lax in America but the same fate results from not performing well
    2020-11-25 06:21
    6 replies
    There is a different mentality regarding uni and tests and how it affects you.
    2020-11-25 06:22
    1 reply
    that depends on how invested you are into your future
    2020-11-25 06:25
    In China almost everyone goes to University, it will be hard to do anything without it compared to USA, and the skill is so much higher so that many will go to other countrys because the admission is much easier than in China
    2020-11-25 07:00
    3 replies
    I strongly believe that getting into Columbia, Yale, Harvard, or Princeton for example is a lot harder than getting into a school like Tsinghua, Fudan, or Peking, but since I'm not Chinese and don't take the gaokao I don't know for sure. What matters though is that because cs:go takes 10k hours or more for a lot of people to reach a professional level in, it makes sense that both na and china have limited success in their scenes without the time necessary to master the game
    2020-11-25 17:48
    2 replies
    Tsinghua University acceptance rate is under 0.1% In china recently top employers will look badly at a foreign degree and only accept top Chinese universities because those who will go to foreign University only because they cannot get into good Chinese Universities
    2020-11-25 17:53
    1 reply
    What matters though is that because cs:go takes 10k hours or more for a lot of people to reach a professional level in, it makes sense that both na and china have limited success in their scenes without the time necessary to master the game
    2020-11-25 17:54
    Why are you trying to excuse na cs in the first place?
    2020-11-25 06:09
    not sure if I can agree with that. I was exchange student in Chicago suburbs. Huge swathes of their population dont get into PC gaming until they are making money after college. Like in 2012 when PC gaming wasnt as big it was so many console casuals.
    2020-11-25 07:01
    It's because US has no safety net and you need to pay for education and healthcare and whatever else by yourself, unless you have rich family paying for you. Getting into eSports is extremely unlikely to be successful, and America is absolutely brutal with how the government doesn't help citizens at all, which means there's very limited young talent, and basically no incentive to try to become good enough at games to get self sufficient off of them.
    2020-11-25 07:34
    Imagine writing this shitty bait. No my friend it is simply because console gaming is very huge here. That's why UK has no scene as well. A lot of people here and in the UK rather play on console and controller
    2020-11-25 21:49
    1 reply
    im sure u want to think that because fl0m preaches it to his audience but a casual player wouldn't play csgo anyway. Just within the lazy majority of people the few that are super invested in what they do generally choose to study hard instead of play csgo
    2020-11-26 01:17
    They play csgo IRL
    2020-11-26 00:28
    30 on the act lol.
    2020-11-26 01:02
    34 replies
    ya imm sure you have 36 on the act mr amerrymunchkin
    2020-11-26 01:20
    33 replies
    No t20 school worth their salt will accept a 30 on the act. 34 btw.
    2020-11-26 03:15
    32 replies
    can think of 5 from the top of my head that would globally or us?
    2020-11-26 03:17
    31 replies
    Name five US schools where a 30 is within the avg. Come back to me with 5 Princeton review pages or fuck off.
    2020-11-26 03:18
    1 reply
    Worth noting that a lot of universities this year aren't even using act or sat, some schools like Dartmouth are transitioning to not even using them ever again. Regardless, using topuniversities.com/university-rankings/.. as my source, top 20 universities in the united states are: (i skipped over northwestern btw i cba to fix it) 1. MIT 2. Stanford 3. Harvard 4. Caltech 5. University of Chicago 6. Princeton 7. Cornell 8. UPenn 9. Yale 10. Columbia 11. University of Michigan-Ann Arbor 12. John Hopkins 13. Duke 14. Berkeley 15. NYU 16. UC San Diego 17. Carnegie 18. Wisconsion-Madison 19. Brown 20. University of Texas - Austin -- admissions.utexas.edu/explore/freshman-p.. //University of Texas-Austin admission page declaring that their average is 26-34 prepscholar.com/act/s/colleges/Universit.. //Wisconsin-Madison average act at 30, range accepted goes into 27 prepscholar.com/sat/s/colleges/UCSD-admi.. //UC San Diego average act 30, range accepted goes into 27 niche.com/colleges/new-york-university/a.. //infers that NYU accepts 29 act+, I have a friend that got a 30 on the act that got into NYU so I can confirm 30 is plausible for this school prntscr.com/vq85oc //michigan accepts 30+ This isn't even including schools like Emory or Rice for example Got accepted into Edinburgh top 20-30 school in the world (depending on what site you use) with like a 26 act score btw lol, UCL top 10-20 school in the world only requires 29 act+.
    2020-11-26 03:45
    28 replies
    vanderbilt super overrated school btw u need like a 34+ act score but its so bad it isn't even worth the effort LOL definitely not a top 20 school from what my friends that go there tell me about it, all ranking sites put it outside of the top 100 globally as well
    2020-11-26 03:43
    27 replies
    "can think of 5 from the top of my head that would" nice pivot
    26 replies
    idk how this quote is relevant xd
    2020-11-26 05:46
    25 replies
    Name five schools in the US T20, that on avg accept people with a 30 on the ACT.
    2020-11-26 05:47
    24 replies
    2020-11-26 05:48
    23 replies
    ?????? what
    2020-11-26 05:50
    22 replies
    2020-11-26 05:51
    21 replies
    What ranking are you using that puts UMichigan in the t20
    2020-11-26 05:52
    20 replies
    every single ranking site (umichigan ann arbor) idk why my psot isn't showing for you
    2020-11-26 05:55
    19 replies
    2020-11-26 05:55
    18 replies
    The official t20 rankings come from us news and post: usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/nation..
    2020-11-26 05:58
    17 replies
    never seen this website, but any site that puts princeton at #1 and ucla above berkeley isn't using a proper metric
    2020-11-26 05:59
    16 replies
    lol ucla #1 0/8 UCLA is the only school in the t20 that accepts 30s
    2020-11-26 06:01
    15 replies
    ucla is good but definitely not better than berkeley the reason why schools like dartmouth, norte dame, and vanderbilt can't be top 20 is because they don't intake enough people nor do they publish enough research to provide any rationale for high scoring
    2020-11-26 06:03
    14 replies
    Who cares? That's still 1 school in the top 20 (#20) that even has students that got a 30.
    2020-11-26 06:03
    13 replies
    time world rankings + qs world rankings are much more reliable because they actually publish their metric for determining rankings, this website doesn't seem to
    2020-11-26 06:04
    12 replies
    If you want to use some random ranking, good for you, but I'm using the standard.
    2020-11-26 06:05
    11 replies
    you're using a site i've never even heard of that doesn't even publish their ranking metric xd probably super biased rankings paid for by the universities
    2020-11-26 06:06
    usnews.com/education/best-global-univers.. btw this is different than the one you posted, how? xd these rankings make a lot more sense imo, michigan being #17 in the world with shitty schools like dartmouth and norte dame being in the 200s range
    2020-11-26 06:08
    9 replies
    That's the global ranking.
    2020-11-26 06:08
    8 replies
    what would cause the global ranking of princeton to be 10 spaces lower than the national ranking when the top 9 is almost all us schools?
    2020-11-26 06:09
    7 replies
    they use a different set of metrics to make it more fair to international schools. idk mens
    2020-11-26 06:10
    6 replies
    answer is because the listing u gave was shit xdddddd
    2020-11-26 06:10
    5 replies
    lol
    2020-11-26 06:12
    4 replies
    usnews.com/education/best-colleges/artic.. issue is that random stats like "graduation and retention rate" are listed with such a huge weight when in reality it is an entirely pointless metric usnews.com/education/best-global-univers.. you have to admit the global rankings make a lot more sense
    2020-11-26 06:15
    3 replies
    Is hltv getting breaking on your side lol?
    2020-11-26 06:17
    2 replies
    yes
    2020-11-26 06:18
    1 reply
    nice xd
    2020-11-26 06:18
    2/8 bait stopped reading at [...]"because the american youth strives more for education and its more competitive in eu thats why they got no time to play videogames[...]"
    2020-11-26 01:50
    2 replies
    Its true, dont take it as saying "Americans are smarter." Americans are likely dumber on average, but no one really cares about games these days ESPECIALLY competitive games. There is 0 reason to tryhard and waste energy in a shitty 12 year old csgo. Most people I know just go to class/work, go home and play some COD TDM or something, watch a movie. We only have so much energy. Thanks McDonalds
    2020-11-26 05:52
    1 reply
    and that’s the point you’re average American plays at least as much if not more Videogames compared to the average kid youth young adult around the world So this assumption is based on pure bs
    2020-11-26 12:58
    This make no sense. You're just throwing information and pretending there's any correlation between them. You can't just infer this correlation without any scientific methodology. And I'm probably criticizing a bait.
    2020-11-26 02:21
    1 reply
    i could make a dot plot with players in the top 30 nationalities vs top universities in their countries in the end though it is impossible to prove any correlation study, same with the people saying that console popularity inhibits pc popularity
    2020-11-26 03:18
    Don't fully agree simply because there ARE many American players, there's just not many in the upper tiers of counterstrike because its more of a risk to invest in Americans do to different cultural aspects like laziness, bad habbits, unprofessionalism. I agree there is definitely a go to school get a real job aspect, but there is an actually relatively large American esports scene despite that. I doubt Europeans outnumber Americans that much overall in esports.
    2020-11-26 03:41
    The real reason is because most ppl from the USA are console gamers, also the portion of the ppl from the US who play cs isn't too shabby. I have friends from the USA and they play pc games all the time
    2020-11-26 03:54
    1 reply
    what im saying though is that the people that are willing to commit 10k hours into anything would rather put it towards university than csgo, while Europeans that don't have anything to do but lots of willingness to put their efforts into something for 10k hours would rather put it into csgo than uni based on the lack of competitive schools in most eu countries. The 1/2 of americans that are too lazy to do anything while playing console wouldn't play csgo anyway
    2020-11-26 06:34
    Dartmouth isn't a shitty school...
    1 reply
    its not a shitty school compared to an average school but for what you have to pay and achieve to meet the entry requirements it is a shit investment, not even a top 20 school in the US and there are many schools which require less with much better rankings, employability statistics, and academic reputations
    2020-11-29 20:30
    I've been trying to say this to people but nobody listens.
    Lilmix
    eXploit
    Rebirth
    Bad News Bears
    Heroic
    MIBR
    Bet value
    Amount of money to be placed
    Winning
    Odds total ratio
    -
    Login or register to add your comment to the discussion.
    二四六天天好彩(944cc)246天